28 July 2009

Evening Poetry

my church was wonderful enough to write me one letter for each day that i'm in malawi - that's alot of letters! the letters have been wonderful and an amazing encouragement, especially when i'm having a rougher-than-usual day. i opened my letter one night and found a poem written for me. thank you tito jonie (: no one's ever written me a poem before. it's wonderful and certainly my prayer that i can live it out (:

-------------------------------------------------

The Lord Leads Me to Africa

My precious child you made me proud
you've heed my call no matter how hard
Away from home, in Africa you'll roam
so that the love of Christ will be known
and the way, truth and life will be shown

My gentle voice will always fill your ears
so it can wash away all of your fears
You'll feel alone in the middle of nowhere
Far away from home with a burden to bear
Yet my child, all's well for your Lord is near

Kristina, never be afraid if you face a wall
when problems seemed like a mountain tall
when it's hard to go on and follow the call
don't you give up, just move on and roll
The Lord your God will take care of it all.

When the path is dark as the African night
and nothing but troubles are what's in sight
I'll light up the sky and will make it bright
don't you worry, everything will be all right
I'll hold you tight, and I'll carry you my child.

3 comments:

  1. that is so awesome - I actually collected notes from friends and family for each day that I'd be gone in Ukraine... ended up with a few extra!
    I'm so glad I made a point of doing this, it's really helped me stay strong throughout the last three months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. janna; (:

    jen; it's been so helpful to sit down at the end of the day, and whether it's been a good day or a bad day, to be able to read words of encouragement from people back home. i will definitely write letters to anyone i know going away in the future. we're so blessed to have such amazing family and friends, eh? good luck with your last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete