04 April 2009

i heart.

i had a great talk with my coordinator from EI last night (thanks, Helen!), and she presented me with an additional opportunity: coordinate my stats background into the overseas program. her idea was for me to measure the impact of partnered EI projects; this means looking at cost-benefit analysis, population impacts, and growth opportunities to hopefully get government grants and support to make the projects sustainable.

:D

i'm probably one of the few people that would get really excited over doing stats for a summer.

sometimes i don't really understand God's plans. sometimes my heart is unsettled because i have no idea what im doing and why im doing it. if you asked me a couple months ago "why africa?" i'd respond with "because?"
but now i can tell you it's because i want to make a career of international development and the first step is to go overseas. i can say that it's because this is what God has planned for me. when i first applied to EI, Helen told me about Malawi and i've always wanted to go to Malawi! i told her i was in math, and she told me they've been looking for someone with my background. i saw the budget and was a bit overwhelmed, and awhile later she told me that they had overestimated by $1200. And now, I get to use even more of my mathiness. I know that sometimes God works in mysterious ways, but sometimes He is also very clear =)

one day im going to stand before God and He's going to ask me "what did you do on this earth for me?" and i can only pray that i call answer with "everything you planned for me to do." i want to be part of a generation that pursues justice, helps the lost, and heals the broken.

why? watch this.



"one generation commends your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts."
-psalm 145:4




1 comment:

  1. i have always known i am blessed to have you in my life because you continue to inspire everyday.

    i love the video =**)

    ReplyDelete